Great end to summer and fantastic alternative to a regular taco is this cauliflower inspired creation. Obviously there is no reason why you can’t substitute the cauliflower for high protein chicken if you want to mix things up.
- 1 corn cob, husk and silk removed
- 1 large head cauliflower, trimmed, cut into florets
- 1 lime, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1/4 cup natural flaked almonds
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 teaspoons medium Mexican chilli powder
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 125g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 8 warm wholegrain tortillas, to serve
- Fresh coriander sprigs, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
- 2/3 cup Farmers Union Greek Style Yogurt
- 1 to 2 teaspoons hot chilli sauce, extra
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, chopped
Step 1. Cut kernels from corn cob, in large chunks.
Step 2. Place cauliflower, corn, lime, onion and almonds on prepared tray.
Step 3. Combine oil, garlic and chilli powder in a jug. Pour over vegetables on tray. Toss to coat.
Step 4. Season with salt and pepper.
Step 5. Roast for 35 minutes, stirring mixture twice during cooking, or until cauliflower is browed and tender. Discard lime slices.
Step 6. Make Spicy yoghurt: Combine yoghurt, chilli sauce and coriander in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Step 7. Fill tortillas with cauliflower mixture, avocado, tomato and coriander. Drizzle with spicy yoghurt. Serve with lime wedges.
Fat Total – 32.70g
Dietary Fibre – 15.00g
Fat saturated – 7.80g
Carbohydrate Total – 50.50g
Sodium – 778.00mg
Recipe by Kim Coverdale