Spice up your life with this healthy Indian inspired chicken and quinoa combination.
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon black mustard seeds
- 12 fresh curry leaves*, plus extra to garnish
- 2 teaspoons garam masala*
- 3 long green chillies, seeds removed, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, coarsely grated
- 1 1/2 cups (200g) quinoa*
- 1/2 cup (110g) green split peas
- 3 cups (750ml) Campbell’s Real Stock Chicken
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 80g baby spinach leaves, roughly shredded
Step 1. Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add mustard seeds and cook until they begin to pop. Add curry leaves, garam masala, chilli and onion, and cook until onion is golden and spices are aromatic. Add quinoa and peas, and stir to coat in spice mixture. Add stock and 1 cup (250ml) boiling water. Simmer over low heat for 25 minutes, then add chicken and spinach and heat through for 5 minutes. Season to taste and serve garnished with extra curry leaves.
* Fresh curry leaves are from selected greengrocers. Garam masala is a spice blend from supermarkets. Quinoa is from health-food shops.
Fat Total – 13.90g
Dietary Fibre – 15.00g
Fat saturated – 2.50g
Carbohydrate Total – 59.0g
Sodium – 583.00mg
Recipe by Kate Tait0