Zucchini “pasta” are very easy to prepare, can be combined with almost anything and contain essential vitamins, minerals and trace elements. They are also very low in carbs, yet filling. A perfect alternative for traditional pasta.
Ingredients per serving
- 1 (250g or 8.8 oz.) zucchini
- 200g (7 oz.) prawns (kitchen-ready, peeled and cooked)
- 30g (1 oz.) parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons (30 g or 1 oz.) cashew nuts
- 1 handful of basil
- 1 teaspoon rapeseed or olive oil
- 1 dash balsamic vinegar
- salt, pepper
- Roast cashew nuts in a pan without any fat on medium heat for about 3 minutes.
- Wash zucchini and prawns, pat dry.
- Cut zucchini with a peeler into thin strips like noodles.
- Grate parmesan roughly.
- Crush cashews coarsely with the flat side of a large knife blade.
- Heat up oil in a large pan on medium heat .
- Add zucchini strips and stir-fry for about 4 minutes, season with salt and pepper.
- Add prawns, continue to stir-fry for about 1 minute.
- Place zucchini and prawns on a plate, sprinkle with cashew nuts and parmesan cheese, season with a little balsamic vinegar.