Many people do not eat beans because they expect undesirable side effects. Potted beans can be eaten without any concern though, as the fluid or sauce they are potted in, as well as the added seasoning, prevent these effects. That is why potted beans should not be washed.
Ingredients for 2 servings
- 3 eggs
- 1 avocado
- 2 tomatoes or 8 (100g or 3.5 oz.) cherry tomatoes
- ½ iceberg lettuce
- 150g (5.3 oz.) cottage cheese
- 100g (3.5 oz.) black beans in chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes or rings (fresh or dried)
- ½ lemon or lime
- salt, pepper
- Hard-boil eggs for about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain beans, do not wash.
- Halve avocado, remove the seed, peel and slice.
- Wash tomatoes and iceberg lettuce.
- Cut tomatoes into dices or slices.
- Cut iceberg lettuce into small pieces.
- Squeeze lemon or lime.
- After the end of the cooking time, hold eggs under cold water, peel, cut into dices.
- Mix eggs, avocado, tomatoes, lettuce and beans with cottage cheese, chili, lemon juice and oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.