Mashed peas are a great substitute for mashed potatoes and other side dishes rich in carbohydrates. The puree can be complemented with beans or carrots and according to taste seasoned with various herbs.
Ingredients per serving
- 200g (7 oz.) turkey or chicken breast fillet
- 250g (8.8 oz.) peas (frozen)
- 2 (150g or 5.3 oz.) carrots
- 1 organic lemon
- ½ onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 6 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons rapeseed or olive oil
- salt, pepper
- Rinse turkey or chicken breast fillet with cold water, pat dry, season with salt and pepper.
- Peel and dice onion.
- Peel garlic, cut into slices.
- Peel carrots.
- Wash lemon with hot water, pat dry.
- Grate zest of lemon finely.
- Cut lemon in half and squeeze one half.
- Heat up 1 teaspoon oil in a big pot on medium heat.
- Add onion dices, stir-fry for about 3 minutes.
- Add peas and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add lemon zest and 6 tablespoons of water to the peas, let simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Puree pees with an immersion blender, season with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Heat up 1 teaspoon oil in a big pan on medium heat.
- Fry turkey or chicken breast with carrots and garlic slices for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve meat, carrots and garlic slices with the mashed peas.