Basil is not only an extremely aromatic herb, its contents also stimulate the blood flow and the cellular metabolism. It also has a positive influence on the respiratory passages.
- 200g (7 oz.) turkey or chicken breast fillet
- 2 pieces (250g or 8.8 oz.) low-fat mozzarella
- 2 (150g or 5.3 oz.) tomatoes
- 2 hands full of basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt, pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (355°F)
- Rinse turkey or chicken breast fillet, pat dry, season with salt and pepper.
- Drain mozzarella, cut into slices.
- Wash tomatoes, pat dry, cut into slices.
- Grease an oven dish with 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- Put meat into the bottom of the dish and top with alternating layers of mozzarella, tomato and basil.
- Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon olive oil and balsamic vinegar, season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 25 minutes on middle rack.
- After baking, drain fluid from the mozzarella.