The hazelnut balls are a perfect snack when you have sweet cravings and after training. Nevertheless, they saturate very well, as they contain a lot of fiber. They keep in the fridge for several days. Since it is not necessary to bake them, they are also made very quickly.
The important thing is that you always opt for unsweetened and low-fat cocoa powder, e.g. baking cocoa and not a mix for hot cocoa drink. These preparations are usually full of sugar and taste too sweet and unnatural. But raw cocoa and dark chocolate have a positive effect on strengthening the muscle tissue.
Ingredients for 15 pieces
- 15 whole hazelnut seeds
- 6 tablespoons oatmeal (60g or 2.1 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder(20g or 0.7 oz.) (low-fat, unsweetened)
- 4 tablespoons kibbled linseed (50g or 1.8 oz.)
- 4 tablespoons hazelnutpaste (70g or 2.5 oz.) (unsweetened, no additives)
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- Mix oatmeal, cocoa powder, linseed, hazelnutpaste and honey thouroughly.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons water, until the dough is sticky.
- Shape 15 balls of approx. 2cm, put a hazelnut seed in every ball.
- Put in the fridge to set.