To avoid leftovers like opened cans, you can double or triple the amount of this recipe and store the rest. Depending on the amount, extend the cooking time for a few minutes. You can freeze the chili and defrost it in a pot if required. If you like it a little bit more spicy, add some more chili. Vegetarians can replace the meat with minced tofu, as this is also very rich in protein.
Ingredients per serving
- 200g (7 oz.) ground beef or turkey
- 100g (3.5 oz.) kidney beans
- 100g (3.5 oz.) chopped tomatoes (can)
- 50g (1.8 oz.) corn (can)
- ½ onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes or rings (fresh or dried)
- 150ml (0.6 cups) water
- 100g (3.5 oz.) fat free greek yogurt
- 1 handful basil
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon rapeseed or olive oil
- salt, pepper
- Peel onion and garlic, chop finely.
- Heat oil in a pot on medium heat.
- Stir-fry onion, garlic and meat for about 5 minutes, season with salt and pepper.
- Add kidney beans, chopped tomatoes, corn, chili and water, set heat high, bring it to a boil, then reduce the heat to low.
- Let chili simmer for about 15 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Meanwhile cut basil into small pieces.
- At the end of the cooking time, season with cinnamon, serve with basil and fat free greek yogurt.
- If necessary, add a little chili.