In this muesli crumbled chestnuts are used as the base instead of oatmeal. They contain complex carbohydrates that raise blood sugar levels very slowly and are long-lasting saturating. Furthermore, they contain a lot of potassium and magnesium, minerals which are important for the contraction ability of the muscles. Also, they contain a lot of vitamin B1, which strengthens the nerves
Ingredients per serving
- 100g chestnuts (3.5 oz.) (cooked and ready to eat)
- 1 pear (250g or 8.8 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons grated dark chocolate (20g or 0.7 oz.) (unsweetened)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 200g low-fat curd or fat free greek yogurt (7 oz.)
- 150ml milk (5 fl. oz.) (low fat)
- Crumble chestnuts with your hands or with the broad side of a large knife blade.
- Wash pear, pat dry, cut in eighths, remove seeds and cut into cubes.
- Mix crumbled chestnuts and pear cubes with low-fat curd or fat free greek yogurt, sprinkle with grated chocolate and cinnamon.