The bitter substance contained in the radicchio perhaps is not to everyone’s taste, but this just what makes radicchio so healthy! It stimulates metabolism and digestion and strengthens your blood vessels.
Beetroot is believed by many to be the healthiest food ever. It is said to have cancer-preventing, blood pressure regulating and even mood-enhancing properties.
Ingredients for 16 cookies
- 200g turkey breast or strips (7 oz.)
- ½ small radicchio (150g or 5.3 oz.)
- 1 ball beetroot (120g or 4.2 oz.) (cooked)
- 1 medium apple (200g or 7 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds (30g or 1 oz.)
- 1 teaspoon mustard (10g or 0.4 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons yogurt (low fat)
- 3 teaspoon rapeseed or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Rinse turkey breast, pat dry, cut into strips if necessary, season with salt and pepper.
- Heat up 1 teaspoon oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Put turkey strips in the pan, stir-fry for about 4 minutes.
- Pluck radicchio leaves, wash them, pat or spin dry, cut into strips.
- Cut beetroot in half, cut into slices.
- Wash apple, rub dry, cut into eighths, remove seeds and cut into cubes.
- Mix mustard, yogurt, 2 teaspoons oil and lemon juice into a creamy dressing, season with salt and pepper.
- Mix turkey breast, radicchio, beetroot slices, apple cubes and sunflower seeds with the dressing.