Mushrooms contain a lot of minerals, vitamin B and protein. In combination with the protein of the eggs, this dish is a long-lasting saturating meal, which can be enjoyed at any time of the day.
Brown mushrooms taste more intense than white ones and shrink less when heated due to their lower water content. It is sufficient to clean mushrooms with a dry kitchen towel, because rarely any chemicals are used in cultivating them. But do never wash them because they soak up the water and become spongy.
Ingredients per serving
- 3 eggs
- 150 g (5.3 oz.) brown mushrooms
- ½ onion
- 20g (0.7 oz.) parmesan cheese
- 1 small handful parsley
- 1 teaspoon rapeseed or olive oil
- Clean mushrooms with a dry paper towel, do not wash with water, cut into quarters.
- Peel onion, cut into rings.
- Grate parmesan cheese.
- Cut parsley into small pieces.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl, season with pepper.
- Heat up oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Add onion rings, fry for about 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and let cook for 4 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Add whisked eggs, stir for about 2 minutes until eggs are set.
- At the end of the cooking time, take the pan off the stove, add parmesan cheese, let it melt and stir.
- Serve on a dish and sprinkle with parsley.