Red cabbage is full of minerals and vitamins – particularly vitamin k – which is especially important for healthy bones. In times of high physical stress, it is not only important to strengthen your muscles, but also your bones. Additionally, cabbage is very high in fiber, and saturates long lastingly. Since papaya and mango contain fructose and thus carbs, you should not eat this dish too often and only as a dinner on training days.
Ingredients per serving
- 200g (7 oz.) turkey or chicken breast fillet
- 150g (5.3 oz.) red cabbage
- ½ radicchio
- 150g (5.3 oz.) papaya
- ½ mango
- 2 tablespoons (30g or 1.1 oz.) cashew nuts (unsalted)
- ½ lime
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes or rings (fresh or dried)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons rapeseed or olive oil
- salt, pepper
- Roast cashews without any fat at medium heat for about 4 minutes.
- Rinse turkey or chicken breast fillet, pat dry, season with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large pan on medium heat.
- Put meat into the pan and fry for about 4 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Wash cabbage and radicchio, pat or spin dry, cut into strips.
- Peel papaya and mango, cut into cubes or strips.
- Squeeze lime, mix juice with chilli, soy sauce and 3 teaspoons oil, season with salt and pepper.
- Mix meat, red cabbage and radicchio strips, papaya, mango and roasted cashew nuts, sprinkle with dressing.