Goat cheese and walnuts are known for their high amount of protein. Additionally, walnuts are rich in valuable Omega-3 fatty acids, which have a positive effect on the cardiovascular system. Because goat cheese has a quite high percentage of fat and fat-reduced goat cheese is hard to find, this salad should not be eaten more than once a week.
Ingredients per serving
- 100g (3.5 oz.) goat cream cheese (low-fat)
- 1 fresh pear
- 3 handful (50g or 1.8 oz.) rocket
- 1 handful (30g or 1 oz.) walnuts
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt, pepper
- Wash rocket and pear, pat dry.
- Cut pear into eight pieces and core.
- Heat up 1 teaspoon oil in a pan on medium heat, fry pear slices for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, crumble goat cheese with hands or cut into small pieces.
- Crush walnuts with the flat side of a large knife blade.
- Mix 3 tablespoons olive oil and 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar.
- Mix rocket with walnuts, pear slices and goat cheese crumbles, pour the sauce on the salad and season with salt and pepper.