Walnut oil has an optimum composition of saturated and unsaturated fatty acid and especially a high percentage of omega 3 fatty acids. In order not to destroy this fatty acids, walnut oil should only be used cold on salads and dressings and never be heated. Since it spoils rather quickly, it should be stored in a cool and dark place, e.g. in the refrigerator. Smoked ham is a valuable lean source of protein. Those who don’t eat pork, can also replace it with lean turkey or beef such as bresaola.
Ingredients per serving
- 4 eggs
- 100g (3.5 oz.) rocket
- 70g (2.5 oz.) pickled onions
- 70g (2.5 oz.) cornichons
- 80g (2.8 oz.) smoked ham or turkey breast cold cuts
- 30g (1 oz.) parmesan cheese
- ½ lemon
- 3 tablespoons walnut oil
- Boil eggs for about 5 minutes until soft.
- Wash rocket, pat dry.
- Drain pickled onions and cornichons.
- Cut cornichons into slices.
- Cut pickled onions in half.
- Cut smoked ham or turkey breast cold cuts into strips.
- Grate parmesan cheese roughly.
- Mix rocket, pickles, pickled onions, smoked ham or turkey breast cold cuts and parmesan cheese.
- Squeeze half a lemon, mix juice with 3 tablespoons walnut oil.
- Pour dressing over the salad, season with pepper.
- After the end of the cooking time, hold eggs under cold water, peel and halve.
- Place eggs carefully on the salad.